Large bungalow situated on approximately 2.5 acres of land in the Hanthana mountains, south of Kandy in the Sri Lankan hill and tea country, together with other buildings and a swimming pool.
The main bungalow (floor plan attached) occupies 3,415 sq ft (about 340 sq m) of floor space
- Very large living/dining area 15’4” x 26’2”
- Four large bedrooms each with attached bathroom. Three bedrooms are located in a guest wing (a family room and two double/twin rooms). The fourth, also a large double and used
by the owners, is at the opposite end of the house and has a bath as well as a shower. The living/dining area connects the owners’ bedroom with the three guest bedrooms. All the bedrooms enjoy dramatic mountain views, as does the veranda, with the family room having double aspect mountain views.
-Two kitchens. The western-style kitchen is off the dining area, and adjacent and connected to it, in the staff/utility wing, is the Sri Lankan kitchen used by the staff for meal preparations and their own dining area.
- A study/private lounge room.
- Entrance hall and corridor linking the guest bedrooms.
- Car port
- Veranda running the length of the house – 95ft.
- Staff/utility wing comprising the Sri Lankan kitchen, staff bedroom, staff bathroom, drivers room, laundry room and store room.
- Garden room – an en-suite chalet-style room in the lower gardens near the swimming pool, approximately 500 sq ft including covered veranda area with built-in seating.
- Swimming pool and pavilion – the pool measures 12m x 6m plus paved surrounds, with depth from 1m to 2m. The adjacent pavilion of approximately 500 sq ft includes a kitchen,
store for chemicals and equipment, shower and changing room, separate WC and covered veranda area with built-in seating.
- Store shed separate from the house but close to the utility/staff wing for storage of petrol,
gas, large tools, paints etc.
- Pump houses for the swimming pool and well water supply.
Call today to arrange a viewing!